|Title||Third National event – Round Table
|Venue||National University of Architecture and Construction of Armenia
Facultiy of Construction and Chair-holder of Informatics, Computing Technologies and Management Systems
|Date||October 24, 2019|
|Number of participants||14|
|Professional profile||10 teaching staff members and chair-holders
|Represented sectors||Industry (civil engineering)
Education and Science
Brief Summary and Key Points:
- The meeting was opened by the Chair-holder of Informatics, Computing Technologies and Management Systems, Mher Markosyan.
- The Chair-holder of Building Structures Tigran Dadayan presented the information on the equipment for the
Seismic Resilience Scientific-research Unit.
- Vice-Rector on Financial and IT Affairs and NUACA Local Coordinator Marine Ghazaryan made additions on the
acquiring equipment for the Unit.
- Significant number of participants, particularly, students took part in the discussion.
- Continuous training and change of occupation, internships.
- The non-coincidence of the knowledge and skills acquired at the university and those needed by the future employers.
- Human resource management.
- Problem of motivation for young engineers.
- Impossibility of working and studying at the same time when studying at Master Level.
Comments and Observations:
The round table held with the efforts of Faculties of Construction; and Chair-holder of Informatics, Computing Technologies and Management Systems, NUACA, was very successful. Many useful remarks and clarifications concerning education and qualification of civil engineers were made by almost all participants. Continuous professional development of engineers in industry is necessary because of technological advancement in materials and mechanization. Presentation of new software in education of engineers, constructors (such as Building Information Modelling, Revit and AutoCAD Sofware) was highlighted. Generally, there is a great interest in the organization of such meetings and enlarging knowledge in all aspects of engineering (legal, organizational, etc.) Besides, meetings between the teaching staff, public representatives and students is very inspiring.